A breakdown of the support Water providers are offering

Apr 24, 2020

We've searched high and low to find the support water providers are making available for you during the Coronavirus crisis. We will continue to update this blog as and when we source more support or update existing. We've also gathered the support available for car finance, credit cards, energy providers, telecoms providers, councils, and mortgages.

Last updated 23/04/2020


Coronavirus Relief Policy

Anglian Water

Anglian are offering Extra Care Support to those who are financially struggling. By taking an online assessment, Anglian can help you discover if you’re eligible for any benefits and will help you come to a payment plan.

Visit the website to take the assessment.

Northumbrian Water

Northumbrian Water are offering options to change the way you pay, payment breaks, and financial support schemes.

Go the website for more details or to apply.

Severn Trent Water

Severn Trent has several ways of helping spread out payments if you’re struggling. They also have WaterSure, the Severn Trent Trust Fund, and the Big Difference Scheme, which have been running for years.

Visit the website to learn more.

Southern Water

You can request a payment break via an online form. They also may be able to put you on different payment support schemes or tariffs.

Apply online or call 0330 303 0277.

South West Water

Get in contact if you are struggling financially. There are many different payment options depending on circumstances, and affordability measures will be adapted accordingly.

Complete the form here.

Thames Water

Those who are struggling may be eligible for temporary payment support. There’s a flexible payment period set up to support customers reduce or pause payments.

You are eligible if:

  • You’ve stopped working without pay, to either self-isolate or take care of children or family.
  • You’ve been made redundant, given unpaid leave, or on reduced pay of less than 80% of your normal income.

Visit the website for more details and apply here.

United Utilities

The WaterSure scheme caps your annual bill, regardless of usage, if you’re on a water meter and receive benefits.

You can also apply for a temporary payment break.

You may also be able to qualify for a one-off payment from the United Utilities Trust Fund.

Complete the form or call 0800 072 6765. Visit the website for more details.
Welsh WaterWelsh Water is offering water efficiency advice, temporary lower payments, breathing space, payment holidays, and affordability assistance tariffs.

Fill in the form
to find out what you're eligible for.
Wessex Water If you’re financially struggling, fill out the online form to receive a call back to discuss options.
Yorkshire WaterIf you’re struggling to pay your bill, fill out the online form to find out what options are available to you.

Subscribe to our newsletter